Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander's victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the...
Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander’s victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the no-no, Verlander is 9-0 with a 1.54 ERA.
Daniel Schlereth, Tigers: He gave up two grand slams to the Mets, who hadn’t hit even one in 299 games, the longest streak in the majors. Schlereth was just the 13th pitcher in history to give up two slams in a game.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: Lee is on an amazing roll, pitching his third straight shutout Tuesday night against the Red Sox to extend his streak of scoreless innings to 32. Lee went 5-0 with a 0.21 ERA in June, allowing one earned run.
“I had a little chat with (Ryan Howard) before the game. I told him I had a family waiting for me at home.” — David Ortiz after making a rare defensive appearance at first base against the Phillies on Wednesday.