Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander's victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the...
Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander’s victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the no-no, Verlander is 9-0 with a 1.54 ERA.
Daniel Schlereth, Tigers: He gave up two grand slams to the Mets, who hadn’t hit even one in 299 games, the longest streak in the majors. Schlereth was just the 13th pitcher in history to give up two slams in a game.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: Lee is on an amazing roll, pitching his third straight shutout Tuesday night against the Red Sox to extend his streak of scoreless innings to 32. Lee went 5-0 with a 0.21 ERA in June, allowing one earned run.
“I had a little chat with (Ryan Howard) before the game. I told him I had a family waiting for me at home.” — David Ortiz after making a rare defensive appearance at first base against the Phillies on Wednesday.