Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander's victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the...
Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander’s victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the no-no, Verlander is 9-0 with a 1.54 ERA.
Daniel Schlereth, Tigers: He gave up two grand slams to the Mets, who hadn’t hit even one in 299 games, the longest streak in the majors. Schlereth was just the 13th pitcher in history to give up two slams in a game.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: Lee is on an amazing roll, pitching his third straight shutout Tuesday night against the Red Sox to extend his streak of scoreless innings to 32. Lee went 5-0 with a 0.21 ERA in June, allowing one earned run.
“I had a little chat with (Ryan Howard) before the game. I told him I had a family waiting for me at home.” — David Ortiz after making a rare defensive appearance at first base against the Phillies on Wednesday.