Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander's victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the...
Justin Verlander, Tigers: Verlander’s victory Thursday was his ninth straight since his May 7 no-hitter. In 11 starts beginning with the no-no, Verlander is 9-0 with a 1.54 ERA.
Daniel Schlereth, Tigers: He gave up two grand slams to the Mets, who hadn’t hit even one in 299 games, the longest streak in the majors. Schlereth was just the 13th pitcher in history to give up two slams in a game.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: Lee is on an amazing roll, pitching his third straight shutout Tuesday night against the Red Sox to extend his streak of scoreless innings to 32. Lee went 5-0 with a 0.21 ERA in June, allowing one earned run.
“I had a little chat with (Ryan Howard) before the game. I told him I had a family waiting for me at home.” — David Ortiz after making a rare defensive appearance at first base against the Phillies on Wednesday.