Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R. A...
Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R.A. Dickey on opening day and then bested David Price of the Rays.
George Kottaras, Royals: The Royals’ backup catcher is the last player to be active all season on a major-league roster and not get into a game.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
of the week
Doug Fister, Tigers: Fister is 2-0 after two starts. Last year, Fister didn’t get his second win until July 7, in his 11th start of the season.
“I think Carlos Quentin went to Stanford. I heard there are some smart people at Stanford. That wasn’t too smart.” — Matt Kemp of the Dodgers on Quentin’s decision to charge the mound on Zack Greinke, breaking Greinke’s collarbone.