Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R. A...
Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R.A. Dickey on opening day and then bested David Price of the Rays.
George Kottaras, Royals: The Royals’ backup catcher is the last player to be active all season on a major-league roster and not get into a game.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
of the week
Doug Fister, Tigers: Fister is 2-0 after two starts. Last year, Fister didn’t get his second win until July 7, in his 11th start of the season.
“I think Carlos Quentin went to Stanford. I heard there are some smart people at Stanford. That wasn’t too smart.” — Matt Kemp of the Dodgers on Quentin’s decision to charge the mound on Zack Greinke, breaking Greinke’s collarbone.