Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R. A...
Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R.A. Dickey on opening day and then bested David Price of the Rays.
George Kottaras, Royals: The Royals’ backup catcher is the last player to be active all season on a major-league roster and not get into a game.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
Most Read Stories
of the week
Doug Fister, Tigers: Fister is 2-0 after two starts. Last year, Fister didn’t get his second win until July 7, in his 11th start of the season.
“I think Carlos Quentin went to Stanford. I heard there are some smart people at Stanford. That wasn’t too smart.” — Matt Kemp of the Dodgers on Quentin’s decision to charge the mound on Zack Greinke, breaking Greinke’s collarbone.