Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R. A...
Justin Masterson, Indians: Masterson became the first pitcher in history to win consecutive starts against reigning Cy Young winners. He beat R.A. Dickey on opening day and then bested David Price of the Rays.
George Kottaras, Royals: The Royals’ backup catcher is the last player to be active all season on a major-league roster and not get into a game.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks’ training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
of the week
Doug Fister, Tigers: Fister is 2-0 after two starts. Last year, Fister didn’t get his second win until July 7, in his 11th start of the season.
“I think Carlos Quentin went to Stanford. I heard there are some smart people at Stanford. That wasn’t too smart.” — Matt Kemp of the Dodgers on Quentin’s decision to charge the mound on Zack Greinke, breaking Greinke’s collarbone.