Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the '11 draft to make it to the majors (behind...
Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the ’11 draft to make it to the majors (behind Gerrit Cole and just ahead of Carter Capps), began his career with 12-1/3 scoreless innings.
Doug Sisson: It’s rare for a team to fire it’s first-base coach in mid-season, but that’s what the Royals did with Sisson, replacing him with ex-Mariners coach Rusty Kuntz.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: The reliever on Monday became the first Toronto pitcher to ever strike out out four batters in an inning, and the first in MLB history to do so in extra innings.
“Relatively speaking, two-hitting the Yankees or no-hitting us is probably the same thing, almost.” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon, comparing two recent Felix Hernandez gems.