Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the '11 draft to make it to the majors (behind...
Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the ’11 draft to make it to the majors (behind Gerrit Cole and just ahead of Carter Capps), began his career with 12-1/3 scoreless innings.
Doug Sisson: It’s rare for a team to fire it’s first-base coach in mid-season, but that’s what the Royals did with Sisson, replacing him with ex-Mariners coach Rusty Kuntz.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: The reliever on Monday became the first Toronto pitcher to ever strike out out four batters in an inning, and the first in MLB history to do so in extra innings.
“Relatively speaking, two-hitting the Yankees or no-hitting us is probably the same thing, almost.” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon, comparing two recent Felix Hernandez gems.