Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the '11 draft to make it to the majors (behind...
Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the ’11 draft to make it to the majors (behind Gerrit Cole and just ahead of Carter Capps), began his career with 12-1/3 scoreless innings.
Doug Sisson: It’s rare for a team to fire it’s first-base coach in mid-season, but that’s what the Royals did with Sisson, replacing him with ex-Mariners coach Rusty Kuntz.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: The reliever on Monday became the first Toronto pitcher to ever strike out out four batters in an inning, and the first in MLB history to do so in extra innings.
“Relatively speaking, two-hitting the Yankees or no-hitting us is probably the same thing, almost.” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon, comparing two recent Felix Hernandez gems.