Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the '11 draft to make it to the majors (behind...
Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the ’11 draft to make it to the majors (behind Gerrit Cole and just ahead of Carter Capps), began his career with 12-1/3 scoreless innings.
Doug Sisson: It’s rare for a team to fire it’s first-base coach in mid-season, but that’s what the Royals did with Sisson, replacing him with ex-Mariners coach Rusty Kuntz.
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Did she blow? NW submarine volcano likely just erupted
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: The reliever on Monday became the first Toronto pitcher to ever strike out out four batters in an inning, and the first in MLB history to do so in extra innings.
“Relatively speaking, two-hitting the Yankees or no-hitting us is probably the same thing, almost.” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon, comparing two recent Felix Hernandez gems.