Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the '11 draft to make it to the majors (behind...
Cody Allen, Indians: Allen, a 23rd-round draft pick last year and the second player from the ’11 draft to make it to the majors (behind Gerrit Cole and just ahead of Carter Capps), began his career with 12-1/3 scoreless innings.
Doug Sisson: It’s rare for a team to fire it’s first-base coach in mid-season, but that’s what the Royals did with Sisson, replacing him with ex-Mariners coach Rusty Kuntz.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: The reliever on Monday became the first Toronto pitcher to ever strike out out four batters in an inning, and the first in MLB history to do so in extra innings.
“Relatively speaking, two-hitting the Yankees or no-hitting us is probably the same thing, almost.” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon, comparing two recent Felix Hernandez gems.