Jedd Gyorko, Padres: With a huge performance in May, including the three longest homers at Petco Park this season, Gyorko is an early candidate...
Jedd Gyorko, Padres: With a huge performance in May, including the three longest homers at Petco Park this season, Gyorko is an early candidate to become the Padres’ first Rookie of the Year since Benito Santiago in 1987.
Milwaukee Brewers: After the struggling Brewers lost 9-2 to the Dodgers on Wednesday, dropping their May record to 4-16, star outfielder Ryan Braun said, “It’s no fun playing like this. We’re barely even competitive.”
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Rene Rivera, Padres: A former second-round pick of Seattle, Rivera has played for 17 different pro teams, including 53 games with the Mariners. The catcher is currently hitting .372 for Class AAA Tucson.
“I was so unpopular that one night I drove up to a Motel 6, and they turned the light off.” — White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf, on being blamed for the 1994 baseball strike