Jedd Gyorko, Padres: With a huge performance in May, including the three longest homers at Petco Park this season, Gyorko is an early candidate...
Jedd Gyorko, Padres: With a huge performance in May, including the three longest homers at Petco Park this season, Gyorko is an early candidate to become the Padres’ first Rookie of the Year since Benito Santiago in 1987.
Milwaukee Brewers: After the struggling Brewers lost 9-2 to the Dodgers on Wednesday, dropping their May record to 4-16, star outfielder Ryan Braun said, “It’s no fun playing like this. We’re barely even competitive.”
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Neighbors at war over feeding of crows in Portage Bay
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Seattle tackles drug dealing, disorder in downtown core
- 'Glamping' comes to Moran State Park
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Rene Rivera, Padres: A former second-round pick of Seattle, Rivera has played for 17 different pro teams, including 53 games with the Mariners. The catcher is currently hitting .372 for Class AAA Tucson.
“I was so unpopular that one night I drove up to a Motel 6, and they turned the light off.” — White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf, on being blamed for the 1994 baseball strike