Jedd Gyorko, Padres: With a huge performance in May, including the three longest homers at Petco Park this season, Gyorko is an early candidate...
Jedd Gyorko, Padres: With a huge performance in May, including the three longest homers at Petco Park this season, Gyorko is an early candidate to become the Padres’ first Rookie of the Year since Benito Santiago in 1987.
Milwaukee Brewers: After the struggling Brewers lost 9-2 to the Dodgers on Wednesday, dropping their May record to 4-16, star outfielder Ryan Braun said, “It’s no fun playing like this. We’re barely even competitive.”
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Rene Rivera, Padres: A former second-round pick of Seattle, Rivera has played for 17 different pro teams, including 53 games with the Mariners. The catcher is currently hitting .372 for Class AAA Tucson.
“I was so unpopular that one night I drove up to a Motel 6, and they turned the light off.” — White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf, on being blamed for the 1994 baseball strike