Ben Sheets, Braves: Sheets pitched a perfect first inning Wednesday and then went off to retirement. Sheets was an All-Star until arm injuries...
Ben Sheets, Braves: Sheets pitched a perfect first inning Wednesday and then went off to retirement. Sheets was an All-Star until arm injuries ravaged his career, but kudos for persevering and making it back this year.
Kansas City Royals: With the Nationals in the playoffs, the Royals have the longest postseason drought of any team in MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA. They haven’t been since 1985.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Chone Figgins: OK, technically, he’s not an ex-Mariner yet, but it’s only a matter of time. I’d be shocked if he’s in camp in Peoria next February (unless it’s with the Padres).
“Life is a motion picture, not a still photograph. Things change along the way.” — Red Sox president Larry Lucchino on the hiring of Bobby Valentine, which turned out to be a disaster.