Ben Sheets, Braves: Sheets pitched a perfect first inning Wednesday and then went off to retirement. Sheets was an All-Star until arm injuries...
Ben Sheets, Braves: Sheets pitched a perfect first inning Wednesday and then went off to retirement. Sheets was an All-Star until arm injuries ravaged his career, but kudos for persevering and making it back this year.
Kansas City Royals: With the Nationals in the playoffs, the Royals have the longest postseason drought of any team in MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA. They haven’t been since 1985.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Chone Figgins: OK, technically, he’s not an ex-Mariner yet, but it’s only a matter of time. I’d be shocked if he’s in camp in Peoria next February (unless it’s with the Padres).
“Life is a motion picture, not a still photograph. Things change along the way.” — Red Sox president Larry Lucchino on the hiring of Bobby Valentine, which turned out to be a disaster.