Pat Gillick: Congratulations to the former Mariners GM on reaching the highest pinnacle in the sport with his deserved induction Sunday...
Pat Gillick: Congratulations to the former Mariners GM on reaching the highest pinnacle in the sport with his deserved induction Sunday into the Hall of Fame. Gillick built winners wherever he went.
Carlos Marmol, Cubs: Once a strikeout machine, Marmol not only has seven blown saves this season to temporarily lose his closer’s job, but he went six consecutive appearances without a strikeout.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Omar Vizquel, White Sox: Vizquel needs five more games to tie Brooks Robinson (2,896) for 13th place on the all-time list of games played. But Vizquel, age 44, has played in just 41 games this season.
“You people panic too much.” — Boston’s Adrian Gonzalez after going 4 for 5 on Wednesday, on the rampant concern over his 2-for-24 stretch following the Home Run Derby.