Pat Gillick: Congratulations to the former Mariners GM on reaching the highest pinnacle in the sport with his deserved induction Sunday...
Pat Gillick: Congratulations to the former Mariners GM on reaching the highest pinnacle in the sport with his deserved induction Sunday into the Hall of Fame. Gillick built winners wherever he went.
Carlos Marmol, Cubs: Once a strikeout machine, Marmol not only has seven blown saves this season to temporarily lose his closer’s job, but he went six consecutive appearances without a strikeout.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Omar Vizquel, White Sox: Vizquel needs five more games to tie Brooks Robinson (2,896) for 13th place on the all-time list of games played. But Vizquel, age 44, has played in just 41 games this season.
“You people panic too much.” — Boston’s Adrian Gonzalez after going 4 for 5 on Wednesday, on the rampant concern over his 2-for-24 stretch following the Home Run Derby.