Josh Willingham, Twins: He's on pace to hit 42 home runs, which would make him Minnesota's first 40-homer slugger since the late, great...
Josh Willingham, Twins: He’s on pace to hit 42 home runs, which would make him Minnesota’s first 40-homer slugger since the late, great Harmon Killebrew had 41 in 1970.
Miami Marlins: They have averaged 28,406 fans in their new $600 million ballpark. That’s the second-lowest average attendance for any of the 24 new ballparks since 1989, above only Tampa Bay’s Tropicana Field (27,916).
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Derek Lowe: He was designated for assignment by the Indians after going 2-9 with an 8.28 ERA and .344 opponents’ average over his last 13 starts. “It’s been two months of live BP,” he said.
“I’m going to give you something real generic. We’ll be there on time, and we’ll be ready to play.” — Pirates manager Clint Hurdle, declining to over-hype their big weekend series with the Reds.