Billy Butler, Royals: The struggling Royals went on a hot streak after Butler gave teammates some of his “Billy Butler’s Hit It A Ton” barbecue sauce. They’re calling it “rally sauce.”
Ian Stewart, Cubs: The infielder, earning $2 million while playing in Class AAA, was suspended for critical comments he made about the Cubs on Twitter after a game for Iowa.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
Shin-Soo Choo, Reds: Choo, who has an on-base percentage well over .400, has been hit by pitches more times (18) this season than the entire rosters of 10 major-league teams.
“Got ’em feeling good. Gotta use ’em.” — San Diego’s Logan Forsythe after sprinting around the bases on his first home run of 2013, referring to a foot injury that wiped out the first two-plus months of his season.