Evan Longoria, Rays: The third baseman delivered his 500th RBI in his 710th career game Thursday. That’s quicker than all but seven active players: Ryan Howard, Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, Todd Helton, Mark Teixeira, Miguel Cabrera and Justin Morneau.
Jeff Francis, Rockies: A 17-game winner on Colorado’s pennant-winning 2007 team, Francis accepted an assignment to Triple-A Colorado Springs to make room for veteran Roy Oswalt. Francis had a 6.58 ERA.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Bud Black, Padres: The San Diego manager, who pitched two games for Seattle in 1981, joined Hall of Famers Walter Johnson and Clark Griffith as the only former pitchers with at least 100 victories to win 500 games as a manager.
“Crawford asked me the same thing. I just said, ‘Maybe I got into the wine too much last night.’ “ — Giants manager Bruce Bochy, explaining why shortstop Brandon Crawford, usually found at the bottom of the order, was hitting third on Monday.