Miguel Cabrera, Tigers: Through Thursday, he was on pace to drive in 107 runs by the All-Star break. The record for most RBI before the All-Star Game is 103 by Detroit Hall of Famer Hank Greenberg in 1935.
Cole Hamels, Phillies: Though coming off a win Wednesday, his first since April 28, Hamels is 2-9 overall, and the Phillies are 2-11 in his starts. Hamels signed a 7-year, $144-million extension late last season.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Freddy Garcia, Orioles: Garcia was pummeled by the Astros on Wednesday, giving up four homers in three-plus innings. It was only the second time in 366 career outings Garcia has given up four homers.
“It felt like Bugs Bunny was pitching. When you swing, the ball just drops out of the zone. It’s like it didn’t want to get hit.” — Torii Hunter on Rays right-hander Alex Cobb.