Miguel Cabrera, Tigers: Through Thursday, he was on pace to drive in 107 runs by the All-Star break. The record for most RBI before the All-Star Game is 103 by Detroit Hall of Famer Hank Greenberg in 1935.
Cole Hamels, Phillies: Though coming off a win Wednesday, his first since April 28, Hamels is 2-9 overall, and the Phillies are 2-11 in his starts. Hamels signed a 7-year, $144-million extension late last season.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Freddy Garcia, Orioles: Garcia was pummeled by the Astros on Wednesday, giving up four homers in three-plus innings. It was only the second time in 366 career outings Garcia has given up four homers.
“It felt like Bugs Bunny was pitching. When you swing, the ball just drops out of the zone. It’s like it didn’t want to get hit.” — Torii Hunter on Rays right-hander Alex Cobb.