Dave Roberts, Padres: The Padres coach was immortalized in the Fenway Park “Walk of Fame.” While other Red Sox stars had their handprints in cement, Roberts provided footprints in honor of his huge steal in the 2004 ALCS.
Lance Berkman, Rangers: The struggles of Berkman, who is hitting .178 with a .260 slugging percentage since June 1, is one reason the Rangers felt compelled to sign Manny Ramirez to a minor-league contract.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows: The outfielder didn’t make it in MLB, but he’s a star in Japan. Balentien hit 31 homers in each of the past two seasons for Yakult, and has blasted 27 through 59 games so far this year, with a .729 slugging percentage.
“It’s crazy — we’ve got two dudes hitting .400 right now.” — Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp after their 10-8 win Wednesday in Colorado, referring to Yasiel Puig (.440) and Hanley Ramirez (.412).