Jeremy Guthrie, Royals: Two days after beating the Yankees in the Bronx, Guthrie fulfilled a “bucket list” item on Wednesday by biking across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Carlos Marmol, Dodgers: The struggling reliever, who pitched his way out of Chicago, is now a reclamation project with the Dodgers, pitching in Class A. In Rancho Cucamonga on Wednesday, Marmol gave up a homer to his first batter, a single to his second, and then had an error on a wild pickoff.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: Three years after Jack Zduriencik signed the substitute teacher to a minor-league contract, Delabar won the final vote to make the All-Star team.
“When you can shake hands with the beer man in the front row after you get through with a play, you know it’s pretty challenging.” – Orioles manager Buck Showalter, on third baseman Manny Machado’s highlight-reel play in foul territory on Sunday.