Jeremy Guthrie, Royals: Two days after beating the Yankees in the Bronx, Guthrie fulfilled a “bucket list” item on Wednesday by biking across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Carlos Marmol, Dodgers: The struggling reliever, who pitched his way out of Chicago, is now a reclamation project with the Dodgers, pitching in Class A. In Rancho Cucamonga on Wednesday, Marmol gave up a homer to his first batter, a single to his second, and then had an error on a wild pickoff.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: Three years after Jack Zduriencik signed the substitute teacher to a minor-league contract, Delabar won the final vote to make the All-Star team.
“When you can shake hands with the beer man in the front row after you get through with a play, you know it’s pretty challenging.” – Orioles manager Buck Showalter, on third baseman Manny Machado’s highlight-reel play in foul territory on Sunday.