Jeremy Guthrie, Royals: Two days after beating the Yankees in the Bronx, Guthrie fulfilled a “bucket list” item on Wednesday by biking across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Carlos Marmol, Dodgers: The struggling reliever, who pitched his way out of Chicago, is now a reclamation project with the Dodgers, pitching in Class A. In Rancho Cucamonga on Wednesday, Marmol gave up a homer to his first batter, a single to his second, and then had an error on a wild pickoff.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Steve Delabar, Blue Jays: Three years after Jack Zduriencik signed the substitute teacher to a minor-league contract, Delabar won the final vote to make the All-Star team.
“When you can shake hands with the beer man in the front row after you get through with a play, you know it’s pretty challenging.” – Orioles manager Buck Showalter, on third baseman Manny Machado’s highlight-reel play in foul territory on Sunday.