Rex Brothers, Rockies: You’d better tuck away the name, because no one’s pitching better. Through Thursday, the 25-year-old lefty reliever led the majors (minimum 20 innings) with a 0.52 ERA.
Manny Machado, Orioles: Not much to complain about, but when he was ejected in the fifth inning Thursday, it ended a remarkable streak: Machado had played every inning of his big-league career (1,206 of them) through 121 games.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Brandon League, Dodgers: Signed to a three-year, $22.5 million contract last fall, League not only lost his closer’s job, he is now being backed off set-up situations.
“He went 4 for 4 the other night, and I told (my wife), ‘How are we going to pay that guy? I mean, where’s the number?’ ” — Angels owner Arte Moreno, contemplating Mike Trout’s future contract demands.