Rex Brothers, Rockies: You’d better tuck away the name, because no one’s pitching better. Through Thursday, the 25-year-old lefty reliever led the majors (minimum 20 innings) with a 0.52 ERA.
Manny Machado, Orioles: Not much to complain about, but when he was ejected in the fifth inning Thursday, it ended a remarkable streak: Machado had played every inning of his big-league career (1,206 of them) through 121 games.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Brandon League, Dodgers: Signed to a three-year, $22.5 million contract last fall, League not only lost his closer’s job, he is now being backed off set-up situations.
“He went 4 for 4 the other night, and I told (my wife), ‘How are we going to pay that guy? I mean, where’s the number?’ ” — Angels owner Arte Moreno, contemplating Mike Trout’s future contract demands.