Rex Brothers, Rockies: You’d better tuck away the name, because no one’s pitching better. Through Thursday, the 25-year-old lefty reliever led the majors (minimum 20 innings) with a 0.52 ERA.
Manny Machado, Orioles: Not much to complain about, but when he was ejected in the fifth inning Thursday, it ended a remarkable streak: Machado had played every inning of his big-league career (1,206 of them) through 121 games.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Brandon League, Dodgers: Signed to a three-year, $22.5 million contract last fall, League not only lost his closer’s job, he is now being backed off set-up situations.
“He went 4 for 4 the other night, and I told (my wife), ‘How are we going to pay that guy? I mean, where’s the number?’ ” — Angels owner Arte Moreno, contemplating Mike Trout’s future contract demands.