NEW ORLEANS — Justin Smoak doubled in a run and scored the eventual winning run in the 12th inning and the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 9-8 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night.
The two teams combined for 28 hits at Zephyr Field.
Stefen Romero hit a home run for Tacoma (65-61) in the ninth inning for a one-run lead but the bullpen couldn’t hold it and the game went to extra innings. Romero had three hits and scored three runs. Jesus Montero was 2 for 3 as the DH.
Everett 4, at Vancouver 2
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Amazon as an adult: Two decades of online shopping
Most Read Stories
Catcher Adam Martin had two hits and starting pitcher Jefferson Medina allowed only three hits in seven innings of work as the AquaSox (21-38) won the Northwest League game.
From Web reports