NEW ORLEANS — Justin Smoak doubled in a run and scored the eventual winning run in the 12th inning and the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 9-8 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night.
The two teams combined for 28 hits at Zephyr Field.
Stefen Romero hit a home run for Tacoma (65-61) in the ninth inning for a one-run lead but the bullpen couldn’t hold it and the game went to extra innings. Romero had three hits and scored three runs. Jesus Montero was 2 for 3 as the DH.
Everett 4, at Vancouver 2
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
Catcher Adam Martin had two hits and starting pitcher Jefferson Medina allowed only three hits in seven innings of work as the AquaSox (21-38) won the Northwest League game.
From Web reports