NEW ORLEANS — Justin Smoak doubled in a run and scored the eventual winning run in the 12th inning and the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 9-8 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night.
The two teams combined for 28 hits at Zephyr Field.
Stefen Romero hit a home run for Tacoma (65-61) in the ninth inning for a one-run lead but the bullpen couldn’t hold it and the game went to extra innings. Romero had three hits and scored three runs. Jesus Montero was 2 for 3 as the DH.
Everett 4, at Vancouver 2
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
Most Read Stories
Catcher Adam Martin had two hits and starting pitcher Jefferson Medina allowed only three hits in seven innings of work as the AquaSox (21-38) won the Northwest League game.
From Web reports