Justin Smoak homered and drove in two runs in the Tacoma Rainiers’ 5-3 loss to Salt Lake in Pacific Coast League action Tuesday night.
In 13 games dating to July 7, Smoak is batting .340 with two doubles, five home runs and 18 RBI. Starter Taijuan Walker took the loss after surrendering four runs in five innings. He struck out seven and walked two in his ninth appearance with the Rainiers (55-56) this season.
At Everett 9, Tri City 5
Austin Cousino had two doubles in the AquaSox (16-30) win.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father