Justin Smoak homered and drove in two runs in the Tacoma Rainiers’ 5-3 loss to Salt Lake in Pacific Coast League action Tuesday night.
In 13 games dating to July 7, Smoak is batting .340 with two doubles, five home runs and 18 RBI. Starter Taijuan Walker took the loss after surrendering four runs in five innings. He struck out seven and walked two in his ninth appearance with the Rainiers (55-56) this season.
At Everett 9, Tri City 5
Austin Cousino had two doubles in the AquaSox (16-30) win.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached