Justin Smoak homered and drove in two runs in the Tacoma Rainiers’ 5-3 loss to Salt Lake in Pacific Coast League action Tuesday night.
In 13 games dating to July 7, Smoak is batting .340 with two doubles, five home runs and 18 RBI. Starter Taijuan Walker took the loss after surrendering four runs in five innings. He struck out seven and walked two in his ninth appearance with the Rainiers (55-56) this season.
At Everett 9, Tri City 5
Austin Cousino had two doubles in the AquaSox (16-30) win.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it