Justin Smoak homered and drove in two runs in the Tacoma Rainiers’ 5-3 loss to Salt Lake in Pacific Coast League action Tuesday night.
In 13 games dating to July 7, Smoak is batting .340 with two doubles, five home runs and 18 RBI. Starter Taijuan Walker took the loss after surrendering four runs in five innings. He struck out seven and walked two in his ninth appearance with the Rainiers (55-56) this season.
At Everett 9, Tri City 5
Austin Cousino had two doubles in the AquaSox (16-30) win.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space