Justin Smoak homered and drove in two runs in the Tacoma Rainiers’ 5-3 loss to Salt Lake in Pacific Coast League action Tuesday night.
In 13 games dating to July 7, Smoak is batting .340 with two doubles, five home runs and 18 RBI. Starter Taijuan Walker took the loss after surrendering four runs in five innings. He struck out seven and walked two in his ninth appearance with the Rainiers (55-56) this season.
At Everett 9, Tri City 5
Austin Cousino had two doubles in the AquaSox (16-30) win.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him