TACOMA — Justin Smoak delivered a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning that capped a two-run rally that resulted in a 4-3 victory for Tacoma over Sacramento on Monday.
Down 3-2 entering the ninth, Tacoma (55-55) rallied with a walk, a bunt single by Nick Franklin and a single to center by Ji-Man Choi that scored a run. After a walk, Smoak hit a fly ball to center to score the winning run.
Xavier Avery had two hits for Tacoma, and Jesus Montero blasted his 16th home run.
Tri-City 6, at Everett 5 (11 innings)
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
Most Read Stories
Miguel Dilone’s sacrifice fly scored Shane Hoelscher in the top of the 11th inning as the Dust Devils edged the AquaSox.
Everett’s Nelson Ward was 3 for 3 with two doubles.
From team reports