TACOMA — Justin Smoak delivered a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning that capped a two-run rally that resulted in a 4-3 victory for Tacoma over Sacramento on Monday.
Down 3-2 entering the ninth, Tacoma (55-55) rallied with a walk, a bunt single by Nick Franklin and a single to center by Ji-Man Choi that scored a run. After a walk, Smoak hit a fly ball to center to score the winning run.
Xavier Avery had two hits for Tacoma, and Jesus Montero blasted his 16th home run.
Tri-City 6, at Everett 5 (11 innings)
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Miguel Dilone’s sacrifice fly scored Shane Hoelscher in the top of the 11th inning as the Dust Devils edged the AquaSox.
Everett’s Nelson Ward was 3 for 3 with two doubles.
From team reports