TACOMA — Justin Smoak delivered a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning that capped a two-run rally that resulted in a 4-3 victory for Tacoma over Sacramento on Monday.
Down 3-2 entering the ninth, Tacoma (55-55) rallied with a walk, a bunt single by Nick Franklin and a single to center by Ji-Man Choi that scored a run. After a walk, Smoak hit a fly ball to center to score the winning run.
Xavier Avery had two hits for Tacoma, and Jesus Montero blasted his 16th home run.
Tri-City 6, at Everett 5 (11 innings)
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
Miguel Dilone’s sacrifice fly scored Shane Hoelscher in the top of the 11th inning as the Dust Devils edged the AquaSox.
Everett’s Nelson Ward was 3 for 3 with two doubles.
From team reports