WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento’s Jose Martinez capped off a big night with a bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 11th inning to send the River Cats to a 5-4 victory over Tacoma in Pacific Coast League baseball Thursday.
Martinez went 4 for 5 with a homer and three RBI.
In the 11th, Andy Parrino opened with a double off Clay Rapada (4-1). A sacrifice bunt moved Parrino to third. After two intentional walks, Rapada got Ryan Ortiz to strike out, but then Martinez won it for Sacramento with a single.
Jesus Montero, Humberto Quintero and Leury Bonilla each had two Tacoma hits.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars