WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento’s Jose Martinez capped off a big night with a bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 11th inning to send the River Cats to a 5-4 victory over Tacoma in Pacific Coast League baseball Thursday.
Martinez went 4 for 5 with a homer and three RBI.
In the 11th, Andy Parrino opened with a double off Clay Rapada (4-1). A sacrifice bunt moved Parrino to third. After two intentional walks, Rapada got Ryan Ortiz to strike out, but then Martinez won it for Sacramento with a single.
Jesus Montero, Humberto Quintero and Leury Bonilla each had two Tacoma hits.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Tenants of run-down building: Owner said pay more or get out
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Woman held on $1 million bail in death of West Seattle toddler