WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento’s Jose Martinez capped off a big night with a bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 11th inning to send the River Cats to a 5-4 victory over Tacoma in Pacific Coast League baseball Thursday.
Martinez went 4 for 5 with a homer and three RBI.
In the 11th, Andy Parrino opened with a double off Clay Rapada (4-1). A sacrifice bunt moved Parrino to third. After two intentional walks, Rapada got Ryan Ortiz to strike out, but then Martinez won it for Sacramento with a single.
Jesus Montero, Humberto Quintero and Leury Bonilla each had two Tacoma hits.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind