WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento’s Jose Martinez capped off a big night with a bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 11th inning to send the River Cats to a 5-4 victory over Tacoma in Pacific Coast League baseball Thursday.
Martinez went 4 for 5 with a homer and three RBI.
In the 11th, Andy Parrino opened with a double off Clay Rapada (4-1). A sacrifice bunt moved Parrino to third. After two intentional walks, Rapada got Ryan Ortiz to strike out, but then Martinez won it for Sacramento with a single.
Jesus Montero, Humberto Quintero and Leury Bonilla each had two Tacoma hits.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says