ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — James Jones’ second triple of the game snapped a 5-5 tie in the top of the ninth inning as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Albuquerque Isotopes 7-5 in Pacific Coast League baseball Tuesday night.
Tacoma erased a 4-2 deficit with three runs in the seventh, but Albuquerque tied it in the bottom of the inning when former Mariner Carlos Triunfel grounded into a double play.
Logan Kensing (5-1) got the win in relief, and Todd Coffey got his sixth save.
From team reports.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners