ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — James Jones’ second triple of the game snapped a 5-5 tie in the top of the ninth inning as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Albuquerque Isotopes 7-5 in Pacific Coast League baseball Tuesday night.
Tacoma erased a 4-2 deficit with three runs in the seventh, but Albuquerque tied it in the bottom of the inning when former Mariner Carlos Triunfel grounded into a double play.
Logan Kensing (5-1) got the win in relief, and Todd Coffey got his sixth save.
From team reports.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December