ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — James Jones’ second triple of the game snapped a 5-5 tie in the top of the ninth inning as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Albuquerque Isotopes 7-5 in Pacific Coast League baseball Tuesday night.
Tacoma erased a 4-2 deficit with three runs in the seventh, but Albuquerque tied it in the bottom of the inning when former Mariner Carlos Triunfel grounded into a double play.
Logan Kensing (5-1) got the win in relief, and Todd Coffey got his sixth save.
From team reports.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10