TACOMA — Jesus Montero hit a three-run homer and Taijuan Walker pitched five strong innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Fresno Grizzlies 7-2 Saturday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Montero’s blast came in the first inning. The Rainiers (46-49) added four more runs in the fifth inning, led by John Hicks’ two-run single. Walker allowed one run and four hits in five innings.
Everett 11, at Vancouver 4
Wilton Martinez drove in two runs and Kyle Petty had two doubles and scored two runs for the AquaSox (8-21).
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports