TACOMA — Jesus Montero hit a three-run homer and Taijuan Walker pitched five strong innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Fresno Grizzlies 7-2 Saturday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Montero’s blast came in the first inning. The Rainiers (46-49) added four more runs in the fifth inning, led by John Hicks’ two-run single. Walker allowed one run and four hits in five innings.
Everett 11, at Vancouver 4
Wilton Martinez drove in two runs and Kyle Petty had two doubles and scored two runs for the AquaSox (8-21).
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports