FRESNO, Calif. — Jesus Montero and Stefen Romero put on their own fireworks display as the Tacoma Rainiers lit up the skies Friday in an 11-7 victory over Fresno.
Montero went 5 for 5 with a homer and a double and drove in six runs for the Rainiers (41-46). Romero provide more muscle with two homers. Together, they drove in 10 of Tacoma’s 11 runs.
Ty Kelly had three of Tacoma’s 17 hits.
Andrew Susac went 4 for 4 for Fresno (43-46).
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
Tri-City 2, at Everett 1 (11)
Dillon Thomas drove in the winning run with a single with two outs in the top of the 11th for the Dust Devils (9-13) in Northwest League play.
Adam Martin had three hits, including a double, for the AquaSox (5-17).