FRESNO, Calif. — Jesus Montero and Stefen Romero put on their own fireworks display as the Tacoma Rainiers lit up the skies Friday in an 11-7 victory over Fresno.
Montero went 5 for 5 with a homer and a double and drove in six runs for the Rainiers (41-46). Romero provide more muscle with two homers. Together, they drove in 10 of Tacoma’s 11 runs.
Ty Kelly had three of Tacoma’s 17 hits.
Andrew Susac went 4 for 4 for Fresno (43-46).
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Tri-City 2, at Everett 1 (11)
Dillon Thomas drove in the winning run with a single with two outs in the top of the 11th for the Dust Devils (9-13) in Northwest League play.
Adam Martin had three hits, including a double, for the AquaSox (5-17).