NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers earned an 8-1 series-opening Pacific Coast League victory over the Nashville Sounds on Friday.
Blash stole home in the second inning for the first Rainiers run. The outfielder later upped Tacoma’s lead to 4-0 by belting a two-run homer in the fourth, his 10th with the Rainiers (28-39).
At Everett 4, Hillsboro 3
Bryan Brito’s single drove in the tiebreaking run in the eighth inning as the AquaSox opened the season with a win over the Hops at Everett Memorial Stadium. Before Brito’s hit, Kyle Petty tied the game with an RBI single.
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- City brushed off feasibility of NHL, NBA at KeyArena
Most Read Stories
From team reports