NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers earned an 8-1 series-opening Pacific Coast League victory over the Nashville Sounds on Friday.
Blash stole home in the second inning for the first Rainiers run. The outfielder later upped Tacoma’s lead to 4-0 by belting a two-run homer in the fourth, his 10th with the Rainiers (28-39).
At Everett 4, Hillsboro 3
Bryan Brito’s single drove in the tiebreaking run in the eighth inning as the AquaSox opened the season with a win over the Hops at Everett Memorial Stadium. Before Brito’s hit, Kyle Petty tied the game with an RBI single.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
From team reports