NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers earned an 8-1 series-opening Pacific Coast League victory over the Nashville Sounds on Friday.
Blash stole home in the second inning for the first Rainiers run. The outfielder later upped Tacoma’s lead to 4-0 by belting a two-run homer in the fourth, his 10th with the Rainiers (28-39).
At Everett 4, Hillsboro 3
Bryan Brito’s single drove in the tiebreaking run in the eighth inning as the AquaSox opened the season with a win over the Hops at Everett Memorial Stadium. Before Brito’s hit, Kyle Petty tied the game with an RBI single.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
From team reports