NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers earned an 8-1 series-opening Pacific Coast League victory over the Nashville Sounds on Friday.
Blash stole home in the second inning for the first Rainiers run. The outfielder later upped Tacoma’s lead to 4-0 by belting a two-run homer in the fourth, his 10th with the Rainiers (28-39).
At Everett 4, Hillsboro 3
Bryan Brito’s single drove in the tiebreaking run in the eighth inning as the AquaSox opened the season with a win over the Hops at Everett Memorial Stadium. Before Brito’s hit, Kyle Petty tied the game with an RBI single.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Thursday notes: Seahawks escape suspension binge, NFL.com ranks Carroll, and more
Most Read Stories
From team reports