TACOMA — Dae-Eun Rhee pitched 61/3 scoreless innings and Blake Parker went the last 12/3 innings for his 24th save as the Iowa Cubs beat the Tacoma Rainiers 3-2 Wednesday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Justin Smoak had three hits and a run batted in for Tacoma (72-67). Stefen Romero drove in the other Rainiers run. Corey Hart had two hits.
At Boise 12, Everett 8
Phillips Castillo hit a two-run homer for the AquaSox (14-19) in Northwest League action. Corey Simpson also drove in two runs.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
Most Read Stories
Alex Tomasovich drove in four runs for the Hawks. Charcer Burks drove in three runs.
From Internet reports