Tony Abreu scored the deciding run from third base on a wild pitch thrown by Lucas Luetge in the 11th inning as Fresno edged the Tacoma Rainiers 4-3 on Monday.
The Grizzlies snapped the Rainiers’ winning streak at three games.
Tacoma trailed the Grizzlies 3-2 in the bottom of the eighth inning. Outfielder Xavier Avery led off with a double, advanced to third when Michael Saunders flied out to left field and then scored the tying run on an RBI single hit by Stefen Romero.
Ketel Marte went 2 for 3 in his Class AAA debut after being promoted from AA Jackson on Sunday.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers