Tony Abreu scored the deciding run from third base on a wild pitch thrown by Lucas Luetge in the 11th inning as Fresno edged the Tacoma Rainiers 4-3 on Monday.
The Grizzlies snapped the Rainiers’ winning streak at three games.
Tacoma trailed the Grizzlies 3-2 in the bottom of the eighth inning. Outfielder Xavier Avery led off with a double, advanced to third when Michael Saunders flied out to left field and then scored the tying run on an RBI single hit by Stefen Romero.
Ketel Marte went 2 for 3 in his Class AAA debut after being promoted from AA Jackson on Sunday.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle