Tony Abreu scored the deciding run from third base on a wild pitch thrown by Lucas Luetge in the 11th inning as Fresno edged the Tacoma Rainiers 4-3 on Monday.
The Grizzlies snapped the Rainiers’ winning streak at three games.
Tacoma trailed the Grizzlies 3-2 in the bottom of the eighth inning. Outfielder Xavier Avery led off with a double, advanced to third when Michael Saunders flied out to left field and then scored the tying run on an RBI single hit by Stefen Romero.
Ketel Marte went 2 for 3 in his Class AAA debut after being promoted from AA Jackson on Sunday.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area