FRESNO, Calif. — Gary Brown’s one-out solo homer off reliever Jonathan Arias in the eighth inning gave Fresno an 8-7 Pacific Coast League win over Tacoma Thursday night.
It was the fifth straight loss for the Rainiers (55-44), who were coming off a four-game series sweep by Reno.
Brandon Bantz was 3 for 4 with a double and Abraham Almonte singled and tripled for Tacoma, which led 7-4 in the sixth.
Rainiers starter Brandon Maurer allowed seven hits and four runs in five innings.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Boise 3, Everett 2
BOISE, Idaho — Cael Brockmeyer hit an RBI single before scoring on an error during a three-run seventh inning for Boise in a Northwest League game.
Everett (22-12) had taken a 2-0 lead in the top of the seventh on RBI singles by Austin Wilson and Chantz Mack.