TACOMA — Franklin Gutierrez drove in three runs as the Tacoma Rainiers beat Tucson 5-3 in a Pacific Coast League game before 3,414 at Cheney Stadium Wednesday night.
Gutierrez hit a run-scoring double, an RBI single and a sacrifice fly.
Leadoff batter Abraham Almonte went 3 for 4 with a double, triple and three runs, and Nate Tenbrink homered for the Rainiers (58-47).
Tri-Cities 3, at Everett 1
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Cesar Galvez’s RBI double in the top of the ninth snapped a 1-1 tie in the Dust Devils’ Northwest League win over the AquaSox (24-16).