Infield, Short Season Everett
Selected in the 14th round of the 2014 MLB draft out of Fresno State
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
The middle infielder has started his professional career on a hot streak. Mariscal, a native of Clovis, Calif., has hit safely in 11 of his first 12 games, posting .313 (15 for 48) batting average with five runs scored, three doubles, two RBI and five walks.
Ex-Mariner of the week
Pitcher, Washington Nationals
After missing the start of the season with a strained lat muscle, Fister has come back and helped push the Nationals into first place in the National League East. He’s got an 6-2 record with a 2.83 ERA in 10 starts. Fister took a loss in his last outing against the Cubs on Friday, but prior to that he threw eight scoreless innings in a recent 3-0 win over Atlanta. The Nationals have had their issues against the Braves this season.