Infield, Short Season Everett
Selected in the 14th round of the 2014 MLB draft out of Fresno State
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
The middle infielder has started his professional career on a hot streak. Mariscal, a native of Clovis, Calif., has hit safely in 11 of his first 12 games, posting .313 (15 for 48) batting average with five runs scored, three doubles, two RBI and five walks.
Ex-Mariner of the week
Pitcher, Washington Nationals
After missing the start of the season with a strained lat muscle, Fister has come back and helped push the Nationals into first place in the National League East. He’s got an 6-2 record with a 2.83 ERA in 10 starts. Fister took a loss in his last outing against the Cubs on Friday, but prior to that he threw eight scoreless innings in a recent 3-0 win over Atlanta. The Nationals have had their issues against the Braves this season.