TACOMA — After he gave up a pair of runs in the first inning, the Tacoma Rainiers’ Erasmo Ramirez was staked to a lead with four runs in the bottom half of the inning.
But Ramirez could not take advantage of that support Friday night and the El Paso Chihuahuas rallied for a 7-5 victory in a Pacific Coast League game.
Ramirez, who began the season in the Mariners’ rotation, allowed six runs — three earned — in 71
3 innings to fall to 0-3 with the Rainiers.
Ty Kelly and Abraham Almonte homered for Tacoma.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled