The Tacoma Rainiers were limited to a season-low two hits in a 3-1 loss to the El Paso Chihuahuas at Cheney Stadium on Monday.
El Paso’s Matt Wisler (1-3) allowed two hits and struck out seven for his first victory. Dennis O’Grady and Hector Ambriz each pitched one perfect inning.
Tacoma’s Ty Kelly doubled and then scored the Rainiers’ run on a throwing error in the fourth inning.
Jesus Montero tallied the Rainiers’ only other hit when he led off the seventh inning with an infield single.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
Brooks Conrad gave El Paso a 2-0 lead with a two-run homer in the third.