The Tacoma Rainiers were limited to a season-low two hits in a 3-1 loss to the El Paso Chihuahuas at Cheney Stadium on Monday.
El Paso’s Matt Wisler (1-3) allowed two hits and struck out seven for his first victory. Dennis O’Grady and Hector Ambriz each pitched one perfect inning.
Tacoma’s Ty Kelly doubled and then scored the Rainiers’ run on a throwing error in the fourth inning.
Jesus Montero tallied the Rainiers’ only other hit when he led off the seventh inning with an infield single.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Brooks Conrad gave El Paso a 2-0 lead with a two-run homer in the third.