The Tacoma Rainiers were limited to a season-low two hits in a 3-1 loss to the El Paso Chihuahuas at Cheney Stadium on Monday.
El Paso’s Matt Wisler (1-3) allowed two hits and struck out seven for his first victory. Dennis O’Grady and Hector Ambriz each pitched one perfect inning.
Tacoma’s Ty Kelly doubled and then scored the Rainiers’ run on a throwing error in the fourth inning.
Jesus Montero tallied the Rainiers’ only other hit when he led off the seventh inning with an infield single.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Capitol Hill cellphone robbery gets worse once gunfire starts
Most Read Stories
Brooks Conrad gave El Paso a 2-0 lead with a two-run homer in the third.