The Tacoma Rainiers were limited to a season-low two hits in a 3-1 loss to the El Paso Chihuahuas at Cheney Stadium on Monday.
El Paso’s Matt Wisler (1-3) allowed two hits and struck out seven for his first victory. Dennis O’Grady and Hector Ambriz each pitched one perfect inning.
Tacoma’s Ty Kelly doubled and then scored the Rainiers’ run on a throwing error in the fourth inning.
Jesus Montero tallied the Rainiers’ only other hit when he led off the seventh inning with an infield single.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Brooks Conrad gave El Paso a 2-0 lead with a two-run homer in the third.