The Tacoma Rainiers were limited to a season-low two hits in a 3-1 loss to the El Paso Chihuahuas at Cheney Stadium on Monday.
El Paso’s Matt Wisler (1-3) allowed two hits and struck out seven for his first victory. Dennis O’Grady and Hector Ambriz each pitched one perfect inning.
Tacoma’s Ty Kelly doubled and then scored the Rainiers’ run on a throwing error in the fourth inning.
Jesus Montero tallied the Rainiers’ only other hit when he led off the seventh inning with an infield single.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
Brooks Conrad gave El Paso a 2-0 lead with a two-run homer in the third.