Tyler Greene’s sacrifice fly in the fifth inning scored the go-ahead run as the El Paso Chihuahuas edged the visiting Tacoma Rainiers 3-2 Monday night.
Jonathan Galvez scored Jake Goebbert with a double to tie the score at 2-2 in the fifth inning and Greene followed with his sacrifice fly to center.
Jesus Montero gave Tacoma a 1-0 lead with an RBI single in the third. Patrick Brady’s sacrifice fly scored Gabriel Noriega, who went 3 for 4, to make it 2-0 in the fourth.
El Paso’s Odrisamer Despaigne (1-1) allowed five hits and two runs in six innings with six strikeouts.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
On Thursday, the Rainiers will host the Albuquerque Isotopes in the Minor League Baseball Game of the Week on CBS Sports Network at 7:05 p.m.
The Rainiers have been selected as one of 15 minor-league teams to host a nationally televised game this season.