Tyler Greene’s sacrifice fly in the fifth inning scored the go-ahead run as the El Paso Chihuahuas edged the visiting Tacoma Rainiers 3-2 Monday night.
Jonathan Galvez scored Jake Goebbert with a double to tie the score at 2-2 in the fifth inning and Greene followed with his sacrifice fly to center.
Jesus Montero gave Tacoma a 1-0 lead with an RBI single in the third. Patrick Brady’s sacrifice fly scored Gabriel Noriega, who went 3 for 4, to make it 2-0 in the fourth.
El Paso’s Odrisamer Despaigne (1-1) allowed five hits and two runs in six innings with six strikeouts.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
On Thursday, the Rainiers will host the Albuquerque Isotopes in the Minor League Baseball Game of the Week on CBS Sports Network at 7:05 p.m.
The Rainiers have been selected as one of 15 minor-league teams to host a nationally televised game this season.