Jabari Blash homered twice and drove in six runs but the Tacoma Rainiers fell to the El Paso Chihuahuas 14-12 at Cheney Stadium on Sunday.
Blash erased Tacoma’s early 3-1 deficit with a two-out grand slam in the bottom of the fifth inning. He also hit a two-run homer.
Tacoma’s Xavier Avery hit a three-run home run, Ty Kelly was 4 for 5 and Jesus Montero had three hits and drove in three runs.
The Chihuahuas pulled ahead for good on two-run double by Jace Peterson in the ninth inning. Brooks Conrad had four hits, including a three-run homer.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall