Jabari Blash homered twice and drove in six runs but the Tacoma Rainiers fell to the El Paso Chihuahuas 14-12 at Cheney Stadium on Sunday.
Blash erased Tacoma’s early 3-1 deficit with a two-out grand slam in the bottom of the fifth inning. He also hit a two-run homer.
Tacoma’s Xavier Avery hit a three-run home run, Ty Kelly was 4 for 5 and Jesus Montero had three hits and drove in three runs.
The Chihuahuas pulled ahead for good on two-run double by Jace Peterson in the ninth inning. Brooks Conrad had four hits, including a three-run homer.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message