Jabari Blash homered twice and drove in six runs but the Tacoma Rainiers fell to the El Paso Chihuahuas 14-12 at Cheney Stadium on Sunday.
Blash erased Tacoma’s early 3-1 deficit with a two-out grand slam in the bottom of the fifth inning. He also hit a two-run homer.
Tacoma’s Xavier Avery hit a three-run home run, Ty Kelly was 4 for 5 and Jesus Montero had three hits and drove in three runs.
The Chihuahuas pulled ahead for good on two-run double by Jace Peterson in the ninth inning. Brooks Conrad had four hits, including a three-run homer.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area