Infielder, Rookie League Pulaski
Selected in 12th round of the 2014 draft out of the University of Georgia.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Ward’s first pro game was a memorable one. In the season opener for the Pulaski Mariners against Burlington, an 8-7, 12-inning win Thursday, Ward reached base five times, going 4 for 5 with five RBI. He led off the bottom of the first inning with a single to left field, followed with a grand slam in the second inning and a single to right field in the fourth inning. His only time not to reach base came in the seventh when he struck out. In the ninth inning he had an RBI double. He was intentionally walked in the 11th inning.
Ex-Mariner of the week
Infielder, Los Angeles Dodgers
The one-time shortstop of the future for the Mariners is now a utility player with the Dodgers. On Tuesday, he hit his first major-league home run in his only at-bat in a 4-2 win. Triunfel was claimed by the Dodgers after the Mariners designated him for assignment in March. He’s spent most of the season with Class AAA Albuquerque, where he was hitting .212 with a .515 OPS. Triunfel was called up to replace utility man Chone Figgins, another former Mariner. Figgins was placed on the disabled list with a quadriceps strain.