TACOMA – Danny Hultzen allowed two hits in six sparkling innings and Brad Miller stretched his hitting streak to 22 games as Tacoma beat Las Vegas 2-0 in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium Thursday night.
Hultzen (4-1), in his first appearance after being out nearly two months with a strained left rotator cuff, struck out six and walked one, throwing 58 of 72 pitches for strikes. Brian Sweeney, Brian Moran and Logan Bawcom finished the combined three-hitter.
Rainiers pitchers have thrown 22 consecutive scoreless innings, including six by Taijuan Walker in his PCL debut Tuesday.
Miller went 2 for 4 with a single and solo home run, lifting his average to .356 for Tacoma (48-33).
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
Most Read Stories
AquaSox 3, Dust Devils 2
PASCO — D.J. Peterson scored on a wild pitch in the 11th inning, giving the Everett AquaSox (12-2) their fifth straight Northwest League win. Ricardo Pereira (1-1) allowed four hits in three shutout innings of relief to win it.