PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Curt Schilling, the former Boston Red Sox pitcher turned ESPN television analyst, said Wednesday his cancer is in remission.
Schilling announced the news on social media and thanked his Boston-based medical team.
He revealed his diagnosis in February, saying he planned to “embrace this fight, just like the rest of them, with resolute faith, and head on.”
He hasn’t indicated the type of cancer or his prognosis, but has posted pictures of himself undergoing treatments.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
Most Read Stories
• Manny Ramirez will make his debut as player-coach with the Chicago Cubs’ Class AAA Iowa affiliate on Thursday at Colorado Springs.
Ramirez, 42, has spent most of the past three weeks working out at the Cubs’ facility in Mesa, Ariz., in preparation for his new assignment.
Ramirez signed a contract with the Cubs on May 25. Ramirez has an association with Cubs President Theo Epstein dating to their days with the Boston Red Sox 11 years ago.
Ramirez is a 12-time All-Star who has a lifetime batting average of .312 with 555 home runs, but twice has been in violation of Major League Baseball’s drug testing policy.
• Oakland Athletics owner Lew Wolff said the club has reached a 10-year lease agreement with the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority to stay at the Oakland Coliseum.
The deal that would run through 2025 is subject to approval by the Coliseum Joint Powers Authority, which is scheduled to vote on the extension Friday.
• Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado has stated his case for the reduction of the five-game suspension he received for intentionally throwing his bat on the field against Oakland on June 8. Machado was given the suspension and fined an undisclosed amount on June 10. No verdict has been announced.