TAMPA, Fla. — New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia tested his injured right knee Saturday, allowing two runs and three hits in 21/3 innings in his first rehabilitation game since going on the disabled list in May.
Sabathia walked one and struck out two for Class A Tampa against Dunedin in a Florida State League game. He threw 37 pitches.
“I felt really good,” said Sabathia, who expects to make at least one more minor-league start.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
Most Read Stories
• Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, rehabbing his injured thumb at Class AA Harrisburg, went 4 for 5 with three homers and five runs batted in.
• The Boston Red Sox promoted touted outfield prospect Mookie Betts from the minors.
• The Kansas City Royals signed first-round draft pick Brandon Finnegan, a left-handed pitcher who helped lead Texas Christian to the College World Series.