TAMPA, Fla. — New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia tested his injured right knee Saturday, allowing two runs and three hits in 21/3 innings in his first rehabilitation game since going on the disabled list in May.
Sabathia walked one and struck out two for Class A Tampa against Dunedin in a Florida State League game. He threw 37 pitches.
“I felt really good,” said Sabathia, who expects to make at least one more minor-league start.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
• Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, rehabbing his injured thumb at Class AA Harrisburg, went 4 for 5 with three homers and five runs batted in.
• The Boston Red Sox promoted touted outfield prospect Mookie Betts from the minors.
• The Kansas City Royals signed first-round draft pick Brandon Finnegan, a left-handed pitcher who helped lead Texas Christian to the College World Series.