TACOMA — Blake Beavan threw a four-hitter and got more than enough support as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Albuquerque Isotopes 11-1 in a seven-inning game in the first game of a doubleheader Friday.
The second game was not completed at press time.
Tacoma had 18 hits, with Nick Franklin and Jesus Montero leading the way with three each.
Beavan allowed four hits and two walks and struck out seven.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected