TACOMA — Blake Beavan threw a four-hitter and got more than enough support as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Albuquerque Isotopes 11-1 in a seven-inning game in the first game of a doubleheader Friday.
The second game was not completed at press time.
Tacoma had 18 hits, with Nick Franklin and Jesus Montero leading the way with three each.
Beavan allowed four hits and two walks and struck out seven.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work