Starting pitcher Blake Beavan allowed two runs on five hits over six innnings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat visiting El Paso 4-3 in 10 innings at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game Wednesday night.
Beavan (1-0, 2.08 ERA in two starts this season at Class AAA) wasn’t Tacoma’s original starting pitcher but he was moved up in the rotation, possibly to put him in position to start a game for the Mariners soon.
Nick Franklin played second base and was 1 for 4 with a home run. He is hitting .474 this season.
From a Web report
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit