Starting pitcher Blake Beavan allowed two runs on five hits over six innnings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat visiting El Paso 4-3 in 10 innings at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game Wednesday night.
Beavan (1-0, 2.08 ERA in two starts this season at Class AAA) wasn’t Tacoma’s original starting pitcher but he was moved up in the rotation, possibly to put him in position to start a game for the Mariners soon.
Nick Franklin played second base and was 1 for 4 with a home run. He is hitting .474 this season.
From a Web report
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU