Starting pitcher Blake Beavan allowed two runs on five hits over six innnings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat visiting El Paso 4-3 in 10 innings at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game Wednesday night.
Beavan (1-0, 2.08 ERA in two starts this season at Class AAA) wasn’t Tacoma’s original starting pitcher but he was moved up in the rotation, possibly to put him in position to start a game for the Mariners soon.
Nick Franklin played second base and was 1 for 4 with a home run. He is hitting .474 this season.
From a Web report
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space