Starting pitcher Blake Beavan allowed two runs on five hits over six innnings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat visiting El Paso 4-3 in 10 innings at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game Wednesday night.
Beavan (1-0, 2.08 ERA in two starts this season at Class AAA) wasn’t Tacoma’s original starting pitcher but he was moved up in the rotation, possibly to put him in position to start a game for the Mariners soon.
Nick Franklin played second base and was 1 for 4 with a home run. He is hitting .474 this season.
From a Web report
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles