TACOMA — Blake Beavan pitched seven shutout innings and the Tacoma Rainiers went on to blank the Sacramento River Cats 4-0 Saturday night in Pacific Coast League action at Cheney Stadium.
Beavan (6-6) allowed three hits, walked two and struck out seven. Bobby LaFromboise pitched the final two innings for Tacoma (75-67), allowing one hit, to earn his fifth save.
Ty Kelly had two hits and drove in a run for the Rainiers. Leury Bonilla hit a solo homer.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Marcus Greene and Jordan Akins homered as the Indians held on to beat the AquaSox (19-17) in a Northwest League game.
From Internet reports