TACOMA — Blake Beavan pitched seven shutout innings and the Tacoma Rainiers went on to blank the Sacramento River Cats 4-0 Saturday night in Pacific Coast League action at Cheney Stadium.
Beavan (6-6) allowed three hits, walked two and struck out seven. Bobby LaFromboise pitched the final two innings for Tacoma (75-67), allowing one hit, to earn his fifth save.
Ty Kelly had two hits and drove in a run for the Rainiers. Leury Bonilla hit a solo homer.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Marcus Greene and Jordan Akins homered as the Indians held on to beat the AquaSox (19-17) in a Northwest League game.
From Internet reports