TACOMA — Blake Beavan pitched seven shutout innings and the Tacoma Rainiers went on to blank the Sacramento River Cats 4-0 Saturday night in Pacific Coast League action at Cheney Stadium.
Beavan (6-6) allowed three hits, walked two and struck out seven. Bobby LaFromboise pitched the final two innings for Tacoma (75-67), allowing one hit, to earn his fifth save.
Ty Kelly had two hits and drove in a run for the Rainiers. Leury Bonilla hit a solo homer.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Marcus Greene and Jordan Akins homered as the Indians held on to beat the AquaSox (19-17) in a Northwest League game.
From Internet reports