Baseball thumbs up, and thumbs down
Mariano Rivera, Yankees: Rivera reached the anniversary of his potentially career-ending torn right ACL injury with 11 saves in 11 chances — at age 43.
Josh Beckett, Dodgers: Following a strong spring, Beckett is winless in his first six starts for the first time in his career. Beckett, 0-4 with a 5.24 ERA, has pitched past the sixth inning just once.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
Most Read Stories
of the week
Adrian Beltre, Rangers: Beltre, who declined playing for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic because he wasn’t happy with his swing, ended April 4 for 32 with runners in scoring position.
“I’m good to go. I haven’t gone all out trying to run like I was running away from a grizzly bear or something.” — Tampa Bay’s Luke Scott, assessing his readiness to come off the DL from a calf injury.