Baseball thumbs up, and thumbs down
Mariano Rivera, Yankees: Rivera reached the anniversary of his potentially career-ending torn right ACL injury with 11 saves in 11 chances — at age 43.
Josh Beckett, Dodgers: Following a strong spring, Beckett is winless in his first six starts for the first time in his career. Beckett, 0-4 with a 5.24 ERA, has pitched past the sixth inning just once.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
of the week
Adrian Beltre, Rangers: Beltre, who declined playing for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic because he wasn’t happy with his swing, ended April 4 for 32 with runners in scoring position.
“I’m good to go. I haven’t gone all out trying to run like I was running away from a grizzly bear or something.” — Tampa Bay’s Luke Scott, assessing his readiness to come off the DL from a calf injury.