TACOMA — Four Albuquerque pitchers limited the Tacoma Rainiers to just two hits in a 6-0 shutout Thursday in Pacific Coast League baseball.
In the game televised nationally on the CBS Sports Network’s minor-league game of the week, Xavier Avery and Gabriel Noriega had the only hits for Tacoma (23-35).
Sam Demel went six innings for the Isotopes (28-31). He gave up the two hits and three walks, but struck out five. Relievers Matt Magill, Colt Hynes and Josh Judy didn’t allow a hit in three innings.
Former Mariner Alex Liddi had a homer and three hits for the winners.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?