TACOMA — Four Albuquerque pitchers limited the Tacoma Rainiers to just two hits in a 6-0 shutout Thursday in Pacific Coast League baseball.
In the game televised nationally on the CBS Sports Network’s minor-league game of the week, Xavier Avery and Gabriel Noriega had the only hits for Tacoma (23-35).
Sam Demel went six innings for the Isotopes (28-31). He gave up the two hits and three walks, but struck out five. Relievers Matt Magill, Colt Hynes and Josh Judy didn’t allow a hit in three innings.
Former Mariner Alex Liddi had a homer and three hits for the winners.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners