TACOMA — Four Albuquerque pitchers limited the Tacoma Rainiers to just two hits in a 6-0 shutout Thursday in Pacific Coast League baseball.
In the game televised nationally on the CBS Sports Network’s minor-league game of the week, Xavier Avery and Gabriel Noriega had the only hits for Tacoma (23-35).
Sam Demel went six innings for the Isotopes (28-31). He gave up the two hits and three walks, but struck out five. Relievers Matt Magill, Colt Hynes and Josh Judy didn’t allow a hit in three innings.
Former Mariner Alex Liddi had a homer and three hits for the winners.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message