TACOMA — Four Albuquerque pitchers limited the Tacoma Rainiers to just two hits in a 6-0 shutout Thursday in Pacific Coast League baseball.
In the game televised nationally on the CBS Sports Network’s minor-league game of the week, Xavier Avery and Gabriel Noriega had the only hits for Tacoma (23-35).
Sam Demel went six innings for the Isotopes (28-31). He gave up the two hits and three walks, but struck out five. Relievers Matt Magill, Colt Hynes and Josh Judy didn’t allow a hit in three innings.
Former Mariner Alex Liddi had a homer and three hits for the winners.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done