NEW YORK — Members of Alex Rodriguez’s inner circle obtained and leaked documents that implicated Ryan Braun and other players in using performance-enhancing drugs, “60 Minutes” reported Friday.
Citing unidentified sources, the CBS news show said the leak occurred in February, days after the Miami New Times published documents implicating the Yankees star in the Biogenesis investigation.
In the Miami New Times documents, the names of Braun and one of Rodriguez’s teammates, catcher Francisco Cervelli, are redacted. “60 Minutes” reports that members of Rodriguez’s camp obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports.
Rodriguez’s lawyer, David Cornwell, denied the allegations to”60 Minutes.”
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
Rodriguez has been suspended for 211 games through the 2014 season. He is allowed to play until a decision is issued by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz, which is not expected until at least November. Braun, the Milwaukee Brewers slugger, accepted a 65-game suspension last month.
• Charlie Manuel, the winningest manager in Phillies history, was fired and replaced by Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg, the Phillies’ third-base coach. General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. broke down in tears after making the announcement.
“I never quit nothing and I didn’t resign,” Manuel said, making it clear this decision came from the front office. He was 780-636 in nine seasons, with a World Series title in 2008.
• Former major league outfielder Chad Curtis was found guilty in Hastings, Mich., on charges that he inappropriately touched teenage girls. He faces up to 15 years in prison.