The modification of the outfield fences at Safeco Field has made way for a new restaurant and a lounge, both named for former Mariners star Edgar Martinez.
Edgar Martinez isn’t returning to his old spot in the Mariners’ lineup next season, but he will be a fixture in the left-field corner at Safeco Field.
An open-air restaurant with a south-of-the-border flavor and a new lounge area — both named Edgar’s — will make their Safeco debuts in April.
The changes were made possible by the Mariners’ decision to move the outfield fences closer to home plate. The restaurant will be a makeover of the existing space beyond the left-field wall. The lounge will be accessible from the main concourse and will be a casual space similar to The ‘Pen, the gathering spot beyond the center-field fence.
The hand-operated scoreboard will be moving to a new façade above its current location in front of sections 151 and 152. Most of the seats in those sections will be removed, making way for the lounge.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?