The modification of the outfield fences at Safeco Field has made way for a new restaurant and a lounge, both named for former Mariners star Edgar Martinez.
Edgar Martinez isn’t returning to his old spot in the Mariners’ lineup next season, but he will be a fixture in the left-field corner at Safeco Field.
An open-air restaurant with a south-of-the-border flavor and a new lounge area — both named Edgar’s — will make their Safeco debuts in April.
The changes were made possible by the Mariners’ decision to move the outfield fences closer to home plate. The restaurant will be a makeover of the existing space beyond the left-field wall. The lounge will be accessible from the main concourse and will be a casual space similar to The ‘Pen, the gathering spot beyond the center-field fence.
The hand-operated scoreboard will be moving to a new façade above its current location in front of sections 151 and 152. Most of the seats in those sections will be removed, making way for the lounge.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving