Matt Bellerive scored the winning goal in the shootout as the Kamloops Blazers defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-2 Saturday night in a Western Hockey League game at ShoWare Center in Kent.
The Thunderbirds (37-19-2-4) hold a six-point lead over Spokane for the fourth spot in the Western Conference.
Goaltender Taran Kozun stopped 28 shots for Seattle and two of the first three shooters in the shootout before Bellerive came through.
Shea Theodore scored his 17th goal of the season in the first period for the Thunderbirds. Seattle trailed 2-1 in the second period when Alexander Delnov scored the equalizer on a power play.
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
Collin Shirley and Cole Ully scored for Kamloops (13-44-2-3).
Everett 3, at Tri-City 2 (shootout)
Joshua Winquist and Patrick Bajkov scored in the shootout to lift the Silvertips (30-23-7-1) over the Americans (27-28-3-4).
Remi Laurencelle and Matt Pufahl scored goals for Everett.
Silvertips goaltender Austin Lotz made 20 saves and had two big stops in the shootout.
From Internet and team reports.