Matt Bellerive scored the winning goal in the shootout as the Kamloops Blazers defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-2 Saturday night in a Western Hockey League game at ShoWare Center in Kent.
The Thunderbirds (37-19-2-4) hold a six-point lead over Spokane for the fourth spot in the Western Conference.
Goaltender Taran Kozun stopped 28 shots for Seattle and two of the first three shooters in the shootout before Bellerive came through.
Shea Theodore scored his 17th goal of the season in the first period for the Thunderbirds. Seattle trailed 2-1 in the second period when Alexander Delnov scored the equalizer on a power play.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter
Most Read Stories
Collin Shirley and Cole Ully scored for Kamloops (13-44-2-3).
Everett 3, at Tri-City 2 (shootout)
Joshua Winquist and Patrick Bajkov scored in the shootout to lift the Silvertips (30-23-7-1) over the Americans (27-28-3-4).
Remi Laurencelle and Matt Pufahl scored goals for Everett.
Silvertips goaltender Austin Lotz made 20 saves and had two big stops in the shootout.
From Internet and team reports.